Megastructures are mid-game planet types that changes the typical OGame gameplay. There are the following megastructures:
How to build
First you need Ancient Technology to build a Megaengineer ship. Send it to an empty space of galaxy, just like a colonization. Megaengineers are slow and only one megastructure can be colonized at once.
Type of Megastructure
- Ringworld - unique planet with huge resource output and access to both Mines and Mega Mines
- Habitat - unique planet type with access to Mega Mines. Can move coordinates anytime
- Dyson Sphere - produces Dark Matter per hour
- Science Nexus - works like a radar, shows all planets within range (coordinates and resources)
- Matter Decompressor - produces resources equal to 75% of your highest production.
- Mega Art Institute - works like a free expedition event per hour
Technology and Upgrades
- Each 2 levels of technology increases the limit of colonizable megastructure by 1
- Each level has direct effect on megastructure.
- Ringworld Blueprints - Increases resource production of Ringworld
- Habitat Blueprints - reduces cooldown time between habitat coordinate jumps
- Dyson Blueprints - increases Dyson Sphere dark matter production
- Nexus Blueprints - increases the range of planets your Science nexus can detect
- Decompressor Blueprints - adds bonus production to 75% of highest production
- Mega Art Institute does not have any research or bonus associated.
Penalties from Colonization
- First colonized megastructure does not have any penalty
- Penalty is increased on last colonized megastructure based on prior built
- Ringworld: 10% increased build cost
- Habitat: 10% increased build cost
- Nexus: 10% less system range
- Dyson: 20% less dark matter produced
- Matter Decompressor: 15% less resource production