Guardians are powerful space creatures with mysterious origins which suffers mutations (i.e., when he respawns, its rapidfire and stats changes). You must fight or investigate them to unlock research, ships or modules. Everytime a Guardian is attacked, no matter if is victory, loss or draw, it's time to relocate coordinates is reduced and it may trigger a consequence. When you receive the battle report, you are notified of possible time of coordinate relocation. There are the known Guardians:
- Consequence: Space Dragon may attack one of your planets with. The objective is reduce planet fields.
- Victory as attacker: Module or Space Dragon ship
- Consequence: Dreadnought may attack one of your planets with, The objective is demolish a 1 or 2 levels of buildings
- Victory as attacker: Module or Dreadnought ship
- Consequence: Stellarite may attack one random planet of a system where you have a planet or megastructure colonized. The objective is reduce the resource bonus production generated by star system.
- Victory as attacker:
- The system where Stellarite was found will be named as "Fallen Stellarite" and will have bonus resource production ranging from 0 to 50%. That means the bonus on existing "Fallen Stellarite" is refreshed IF and ONLY Stellarite takes multiple attacks and those are victories.
- Module or Stellarite ship